Scope provides unique forward-looking insights for issuers on public finance risks, providing them with an understanding of the challenges facing sovereign and sub-sovereign issuers based on a European perspective.
Scope’s dual approach to sovereign risk provides issuers with a strong forward-looking qualitative, independent risk assessment firmly grounded in quantitative analysis.
Scope’s experienced international team and its unique sovereign analysis approach helps issuers gain greater insight into sovereign risk and provides:
- Early Risk Detection: Credit opinion formed by rigorous forward-looking analysis.
- Transparency: Scorecard documentation of quantitative & qualitative analysis
- Broad Credit Risk Analysis: Separate analytical category “Financial Stability Risk"
- Enhanced Risk Identification: Multiple-equilibria analysis to identify risks
- Empirical Approach: Scenarios based on tested causalities
- Option Analysis: Exploration of potential action/reaction of sovereigns
Scope’s approach to sub-sovereign risk provides issuers with a strong forward-looking fundamental-based analysis, complemented by rigorous peer-group review.
Scope’s sub-sovereign analysis provides issuers with a global approach from a team of experienced analysts to better understand sub-sovereign risk:
- Customized assessments for the post-crisis European policy environment
- Forward looking approach for transparent & consistent ratings
- Greater understanding of European public finances
- Analyst expertise and judgement drive the rating analysis
- Integrated credit risk analysis for sovereigns and sub-sovereigns
- Ratings meet demand for transparency from regulators and investors